|This page was previously a featured article.
This article was June 2013's featured article.
|Uses||To make torches, fire charges, and more. They are also used as fuel for furnaces.|
|First added||Indev 0.31|
Use in Crafting Recipes
Block of Coal
Use in smelting
Smelting Coal Ore is time-consuming, but is used to make Coal. The fuel is Coal/Charcoal and in the top goes the Ore. The result is Coal.
Charcoal is a replacement resource if coal is not around. Wood can be harvested and then can be smelted
|Uses||Charcoal can be used as a replacement to Coal.|
|First added||Beta 1.2|
|Coal added.||January 29, 2010|
|Charcoal added.||January 13, 2011|
|Coal is dropped by Wither Skeletons.||September 6, 2012|
|13w18a||Now can craft a Block of Coal.||May 2, 2013|
|13w19a||Changed texture of Charcoal from to||May 10, 2013|
- Charcoal was actually reccommended by a Twitter fan.
- As stated by Notch, "Charcoal" is a class name of "Coal."
- In Pocket Edition, 2 different types of torches can be made; a charcoal and a coal one.
- Also in Pocket Edition, if you put a finger on Charcoal, the words will show "Coal."
- Coal can be found in Mineshafts in Treasure Chests.
| Raw Materials
Blaze Rod • Brick • Bone • Clay • Coal • Charcoal • Diamond • Emerald •
Ender Pearl •